- Host institution
- Congress Venue
- Programme Overview
- Abstract submission
- e-poster submission
- Young Invest. Award
- Important information
- Travel Information
- Bruges Tours
- Second announcement
- ECSS Workshop
- Howest "FIT-Class"
- Congress Office
- Newsletter archive
Young Investigators Award
Sponsored by Mars Inc.
YIA video documentary 'promoting scientific excellence'
produced by www.delavision.com
To successfully apply for the YIA 2012 all requirements must be met within the requested deadlines!
- You became ECSS Student Member 2012 or ECSS Member 2012: before 15th February 2012
- You submitted only one paper as first author for participation in the YIA 2012: before 15th February 2012
- You are 32 years of age or younger at the time of ECSS Bruges 2012 (born after 7th July 1979)
- You are a PhD student or equivalent or graduate less than 2 years after your PhD
- As previous YIA winner, you do not take part in the same category again (oral/poster)
- You paid your registration fee for ECSS Bruges 2012: before 1st May 2012
*The YIA Verification Form 2012 should be verified by an authorized person (Head of Institute) in the YIA applicants department who should also certify that the YIA applicant has made an independent and reasonable contribution to the work submitted for presentation.
- There will be no extension of the deadline for YIA applications, regardless of a possible extension of the abstract submission deadline
- To track your YIA application status, please log on to your ECSS Account
- Abstract submission will only be accepted online
- Incomplete YIA applications will not be considered for the YIA**
**Please note, that YIA Verification Forms 2012 sent in after the 15th February 2012 will not be considered.
YIA Travel Grant
For ECSS Bruges 2012 the ECSS announces the YIA Travel Grant with a total amount of up to 5.000 Euro (max 10 grants, 500 Euro each).
YIA applicants*** may apply for one of the 10 YIA Travel Grants within the YIA application process.
***Only applicable for these [countries].
- The work is original - ergo not published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the abstract submission deadline
- The research has relevance for sport and/or exercise and its effects on performance and/or health and/or aspects of well-being
- The presentation (oral or e-poster) has been carefully prepared, is using appropriate and high quality visual means and is well organized/structured
- High quality of technical presentation of oral or e-poster (delivery speed, clearly audible, varied tone, confident delivery, pointer use (oral only), correct use of scientific terminology)
- The background and relevance is clearly described
- The work is innovative
- The methodology is sound and the data are solid
- There are quantitative data in the presentation, the study has enough power and appropriate statistical tests have been performed to underpin claims on significance
- There is a clear conclusion or take home message at the end
- The work either has a high impact for the area of research or has a potential future high impact (e.g. development of new methodologies that will generate new knowledge)
- The top 10 candidates of each category (oral and e-poster) will be announced on Friday afternoon, 6th July 2012, at the ECSS booth located in the congress exhibition area
- YIA 2012 winners and former YIA winners will be invited by Mars Inc. to join the YIA-Cocktail to take place on Friday evening, 6th July 2012
- All YIA 2012 winners will be asked to attend the YIA-Ceremony on Saturday afternoon, 7th July 2012, in order to receive their certificates and prize money
- YIA 2012 winners who do not attend the YIA-Ceremony on Saturday afternoon, 7th July 2012, cannot be considered for the entitlement to prize money
Mars Inc. will provide generous cash prizes for the YIA 2012 finalists.
- 1st, 4.000 Euro
- 2nd, 3.000 Euro
- 3rd, 2.000 Euro
- 4th, 1.000 Euro
- Equal 5th, 500 Euro
- 1st, 3.000 Euro
- 2nd, 2.000 Euro
- 3rd, 1.000 Euro
- 4th, 500 Euro
- Equal 5th, 300 Euro
Please find more detailed information on the ECSS Young Investigators Award here.