Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and the second largest city in Spain, after Madrid, About five million people live in the Barcelona metropolitan area. It is also Europe's largest metropolis on the Mediterranean Sea. Barcelona is today one of the world's leading tourist, economic, trade fair/exhibitions and cultural-sports centres, and its influence in commerce, education, entertainment, media, fashion, science, and the arts all contribute to its status as one of the world's major global cities. It also boasts an extensive motorway network and is a hub of high-speed rail to link Spain with France and the rest of Europe.*
Barcelona tourist guide – download here.
To safe on public transport and receive reductions all over Barcelona, make sure to purchase the Barcelona Card upon your arrival at Barcelona Airport:
- Barcelona Airport ‐ Terminal A ‐ B
- El Prat de Llobregat. Timetable: Monday ‐ Sunday: 9am ‐ 9p
- Example: Adult, 4 days: 43,- Euro
Barcelona Card includes
- Public Transport: Underground and TMB city buses, FGC suburban train network, trams, airport shuttle and Renfe
suburban train network, zone 1.
- Museums and Monuments: Free entry to Cosmocaixa, Torre de Collserola, Mirador de Colón and 12 museums
more. As well as large discounts at: more than 25 galleries (Museo Picasso, La Pedrera, Fund. Joan Miró,Casa‐Museu
Gaudí, Casa Batló, Museu del Futbol Club Barcelona...).
- Guided tours: Entry to the Las Golondrinas. Boat trips of the port and along Barcelona’s coast.
- Leisure: Great discounts on: Tibidabo Amusement Park, Zoo, L´Aquarium, Casino.
- Shopping: Discounts and gifts at the major souvenir stores.
- Restaurants: Important discounts in the best restaurants.
- Nightlife: Great discounts on: flamenco shows, "café‐concerts" and discos.
Catalonia offers you a wide range of leisure activities, exploring the rich culture of the region.
- Barcelona Tourist Bus. Tours to the city of Barcelona. http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/web/guest/home
- Catalonia Tourist Bus. Tour for one day around Catalonia. Information and details about tour: http://www.catalunyabusturistic.com/
- Another option of tours in Barcelona is to get in contact with the Barcelona Guide Bureau, it offers guided tours with multilingual official guides of Catalonia. www.barcelonaguidebureau.com
- Cultural: http://cultura.catalunya.com
- Gastronomy: http://gastronomia.catalunya.com
- Nature Activities: http://actiunatura.catalunya.com
- Golf: http://golf.catalunya.com
Catalonia tourist opportunities – download here.
* From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia