Welcome to Malmö for the 20th Annual ECSS Congress
On behalf of the Department of Sport Sciences, Malmö University, the Department of Health Sciences, Lund University, and the Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports (NEXS), University of Copenhagen, it is our pleasure to invite you to attend the 20th Annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science. The congress will take place between June 24 and 27, 2015, in the multicultural city of Malmö, Sweden, a 15-minute train ride from Kastrup Airport in Copenhagen, Denmark.
In 2015, the multidisciplinary ECSS Congress will be celebrating its 20th anniversary. The 2015 congress theme of Sustainable Sport will permeate the academic programme as well as the arrangements: the three universities co-hosting the event all emphasise sustainability in education and research, and will work together with the City of Malmö, a fair trade city, to make ECSS 2015 a sustainable sports congress. The Öresund Region (Malmö, Copenhagen and Lund) is an academically vital area with 150 000 university students and more than 12 000 researchers, among them top class researchers within the many different areas of Sport Sciences and Sport Studies.
The ECSS congress especially emphasises exchange of knowledge through oral and poster presentations, and we are convinced that all attendees will find plenty of topics to interest them. Once again, the Young Investigators Award will be one of the highlights of the congress.
We look forward to seeing you all in Malmö and the Öresund Region, an area with tremendous social, political, and economic potential emphasizing sustainability. Together, we will create an outstanding conference, where we shall develop the broad perspective of sustainable sport.
Susanna Hedenborg and Aage Radmann
Eleven reasons to attend the ECSS Sustainable Sport Congress in Malmö:
- Academic openness, outstanding expertise and vast levels of experience in Sport Sciences and Sport Studies
- Stable economic climate
- Excellent accessibility by air, rail and road
- A vibrant, multicultural city with beautiful beaches and an open-minded population
- Superb public transportation, bike rental possibilities, and splendid tracks and routes for cycling, jogging and walking
- First-rate congress facilities
- Wide range of hotels in all categories
- Cultural attractions to suit all tastes
- Dazzling array of restaurants, bars, entertainment and stores
- A modern city, open for future challenges, welcoming international guests
In Malmö ECSS is going to demonstrate a commitment to SCSR and compliance. We are going to collect and understand data which will help ECSS to improve the performance in future events. ECSS believes that by embedding sustainability into the congress, ECSS will improve the efficiency and accelerate innovation. ECSS will develop sustainability practices which will reduce costs, improve environmental impacts and give back to the community.
ECSS Malmö 2015 Blog
See what we are up to and participate