One of the key objectives of the ECSS is the promotion of junior scientists and the fostering of state-of-the-art research. For this purpose, the ECSS established the Young Investigators Award (YIA). Since the inauguration of the ECSS and its first annual congress in Nice, France in 1996, the YIA is an integral part of the annual ECSS congresses. Young scientists have the opportunity of entering this prestigious competition for scientific excellence, where outstanding scientific work can be presented at the annual congress. A jury consisting of the ECSS Scientific Board and ECSS Scientific Committee grants the awards based upon an oral and conventional poster presentation for the top ten presentations respectively. Each year the YIA Cocktail reunite all former YIA winners at the annual ECSS congresses – an ECSS-based network, uniting generations of sport scientists. Today many former YIA winners are still closely connected to the ECSS and even support the ECSS in its boards and committees. The award has functioned for previous YIA winners as a starting point of their scientific career.
- You submitted only one paper as first author for participation in the YIA 2020: before 1 February 2020
- You paid your ECSS Membership 2020 and became an ECSS Student Member 2020 or ECSS Member 2020: before 1 February 2020
- You submitted your signed and stamped YIA Verification Form 2020*: before 1 February 2020
- You are 35 years of age or younger at the time of the deadline for abstract submission (1 February 2020) (Please send us a copy of your ID to verify that you were born after 1 February 1984)
- You are presently enrolled as a student at a university or you were awarded your PhD degree within 2 years of the deadline for abstract submission (1 February 2020)
- As previous YIA winner, you do not take part in the same category again (oral/conventional poster)
- You paid your registration fee for ECSS Sevilla 2020: before 15 April 2020
*The YIA Verification Form 2020 should be verified by an authorised person (Head of Institute) in the YIA applicants department who should also certify that the YIA applicant has made an independent and reasonable contribution to the work submitted for presentation.
- There will be no extension of the deadline for YIA applications
- To track your YIA application status, please login to your ECSS Account and click on “myCongress”
- Abstract submission will only be accepted online
- Incomplete YIA applications will not be considered for the YIA
- Application is only possible in the presentation formats oral and conventional poster
- In applying for the Young Investigators Award it is not possible to apply for GSSI Nutrition Award at the same time